I decided to invert the split complementary color scheme of the first day’s fish painting for day two of the color wheel exercise. I also nudged the colors into a redder purple and yellower orange. The first couple of days into this project I didn’t keep very good notes, so I don’t remember exactly which colors I used. By the time I was a week into the experiment I realized the need for better written notes as well as better color mixing sample sheets. Live and learn.
I used the same model for this fish as for the one before — he/she/it was on the cover of a catalog for aquarium supplies. This time I tried harder to get the body shape closer to the fish in the photo.